Thursday, March 26, 2009

Automatic Everything!

As mentioned in a previous post, we have moved into a brand new office building for work. Brand new cubes, chairs, phones etc....and it's amazing...love it! In fact, I feel more productive in my new space even though that is probably not supported at all, just feels that way.

Of course our bathrooms are very nice - complete with automatic flush, soap and faucet...yet not automatic paper towel dispenser...hmm. Our old building had the auto flush part and it gets to the point that I go the bathroom at home and have to remind myself that the toilet will not autoflush in the Riffel residence. Now I am happy to have all the automated equipment, don't get me wrong. But whoever designs these things should be smarter. The auto soap only dispenses enough soap for tiny hands. I have to fake out the soap dispenser and act like a new pair of hands to get the extra squirt in order to properly make the appropriate foam bubbles to get a good clean. They should design it to dispense the correct amount so I don't have to confuse the soap everyday.

The bottom line is I am in the wrong field - I should clearly be designing automated bathroom equipment!

No comments: